- [New Version from April] 1. Support editing CTCSS/DCS via keypad. 2. Support choosing wide/narrow band via keypad (except 8-14 CH). 3. Software supports saving and opening file in XML. 4. Support CHIRP.
- [2021 New GMRS] FCC ID: 2AN62-UV5G. A GMRS license is required. UV-5G is the GMRS version of the classic UV model. It features 30 GMRS pre-programmed channels + 11 NOAA channels. These long range GMRS radio are ready to go, right out of the box. Sold in a package of 2 radios, good things always come in pairs.
- [Longer Talking Range] UV-5G is repeater capable and has the 8 repeater pairs programmed in from Channel 23-30. GMRS power levels and wide-band capable signal will allow a further talking range than FRS radio. When used with a GMRS Repeater, its range is greatly increased.
- [Classic Design] Compatible with BL-5L 3800mAh extended batteries as well as other accessories of the classic series, except the SMA-M antenna. This rechargeable two-way radio would work well with your other GMRS units.
- [NOAA Scan & Receiver] Always one step ahead of the terrible weather. the NOAA feature automatically scans and receives weather reports from the channel, letting you know when bad weather is coming. An alternative communication option in case of disaster when cell towers are always overloaded. Use it as your emergency radio!
- [Simple Operation] Easy to read with tri-color display. Most basic settings are accessed via the Menu and Keypad. VOX hands-free operation, 128 Channels, 50 CTCSS tones and 104 DCS. More advanced settings are available when connected to your computer. Support CHIRP, chose “UV-5X (GMRS version) (use Radi oddity UV-5G))”.